Thursday 17 September 2009

Skateboarders at Dyvekes Bru in Oslo

I love going to this skateboard park that I have discovered on one of the weekly walks with OSLO KAMERA KLUBB.

 My favourite viewpoint is from above, i.e on the bridge. I was lucky to get these two guys in the same frame, as they are moving in opposite directions. To me balancing a composition is about bringing different elements together in the right place at the right time.

I also love the lines.

Some of you know that I am a fan of David duChemins photography, his recent book "Within the Frame" and now also his podcasts where David discusses images posted in the "WithintheFrame" group on Flickr.

I was pleasantly surprised to watch him discuss "Jump!" ("Hopp!" in Norwegian) in a previous episode. In todays episode no.16, he discusses balance as a composition rule. About 9 minutes into the video this picture is used as an example. View the podcast here.

No comments:

Post a Comment