Saturday 3 October 2009

Talk


I went to an exhibition opening at StatoilHydro's offices at Vækerø two days ago to see "Photography Matters" - The Helsinki School.

I was a bit early so I walked down towards the beach next to their offices. So did several other people. And I got this shot.
It was getting dark, but still an hour left until sunset so the sea was bright but the foreground was not.

Increasing the contrast in Photoshop made the foreground even darker. I dodged the foreground to get some details back into it.

The photographer who fascinated me the most at the exhibition was Susanna Majuri. The picture below is called "Saviour". I can't figure out what is going on but i guess she either is diving in and there is a picture of a house lying on the bottom of the pool or that the picture is an underwater shot and she is actually coming out of the water. Judging from her portfolio I assume the first. What do you think?

Here is a link to her Portfolio.


No comments:

Post a Comment